Thursday, August 4, 2011

Saint Arnoult


It's Thursday already! Last Sunday feels far behind now -- I had promised to share about the HOT 'vide grenier' in Saint Arnoult--and hot it was!  But the week has gotten away from me! Even today, although rainy and quiet.....Je n'ai pas beaucoup de temps!... I am behind in all of the glorious household tasks-- and with the weekend just a day away, I am still playing catch-up! So.......

A quick word about Saint Arnoult and then I am afraid I must be off!

It's a town that has been experiencing a bit of a face-lift recently; new shops and yes, even the French version of 'condos'.... but most notable, is the new equestrian center.  It was built over the past two years; has gorgeous stables, an impressive exhibition arena and of course, a fabulous restaurant! If it wasn't for the 180 vendor sale and the bright and quite-warm sunshine, I could have easily been lured away to spend a few hours watching 'dressage'...... or making friends with one of these guys....

Or maybe this handsome fellow.....



But instead I was here.......


Which was pretty fun too!  It was about 80 degrees, there were over 180 participants.  I managed to find one more bottle rack that has been on my list for the past two weeks, a 'lot' of six gorgeous French 'Torchons' or kitchen towels that I plan to add as a 'bonus' to other items I list on Etsy.... a tres, tres belle picnic basket complete with old leather strap for closure.... and a broken trivet (missing a foot) pour moi! (Still very pretty and it's on my mantle)......

Speaking of broken.....a few things that I have shipped lately have gotten broken (as well as my heart!) For that reason, it's been a discouraging week.  As you know, if you have read my post about 'La Poste' (pun intended!) then you know that shipping is the constant bane of my Etsy-Shop existence...and this week in particular, Ca me preoccupe!  But finally today--I received a lovely note from one of my buyers saying that her purchase had arrived, quickly and safely--and she LOVED it...and her short note made my day!  A little reminder of the reason I do this .... gorgeous, precious, sweet French vintage--and the chance to share it with 'amis' like you!

Bon weekend! (It's almost here!).... back to laundry, bathrooms & closets!  Oh my!
A bientot!