Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Winter Wishes.....

 Désolé mes amis, j'ai été très absent!  I have been happily buried in the double celebration(s) of my youngest's first birthday followed three days later by my oldest's initiation into teenager-hood when he turned thirteen!  Because the birthday's were on a Tuesday and then Friday there were little parties on each weekend before and after like book-ends!

I am also finally a bit more back to normal (my injured foot that is!) and was able to get out last weekend for a beach walk with my middle-guy who was suffering a wee-bit from the other two having big birthday weeks...and then because I can no longer use the excuse that I can't walk to the train--I also went back to my French Classes too last week and after juggling all that I also made an effort to get out and shoot some pictures--at long last!  Whew!........



I took a short walk just down the road--we live next to a 15th century church in a tiny town and strange as it sounds, I do like the winter landscapes, even when they are a bit dull and grey and leaves are gone and plants are brown.  A dusting of snow would be lovely too--still have fingers crossed that we will see some soon.  We have been wishing for snow in our family since way before the holidays!  For now we only have frost....

I have a few things to add to the shop this week and I am also so excited to tell you that I am going to a big sale this weekend.... a 'puce des couturieres' which will have textiles and fabrics and hopefully some amazing vintage linens.  My plan this year is to expand Sunday Brocantes by having a lot more linens, both ready to use and display as well as fabric to satisfy all of those creative projects that absolutely need unique French touches!  (More for the 'Wish-List'!)

And speaking of the 'Wish List'....vintage wire-work and wire baskets are on it as well..... this one just listed.  I have two rusty fun-ones that I will be posting before the weekend.

A bientot!  I will be back to tell you all about the textile-puce on Sunday....bien sur!