Sunday, January 22, 2012

Le Puce des Couturières.....


I was excited to go to the 'Puce des Couturières..... which is a flea market for 'seamstresses' or sale of sewing and textile notions.  Luckily, on this very cold and damp January Sunday, the puce was inside.  All of the vendors set up their tables in the old 'poissonnerie'  in  the town of Pont-l'Évêque.   

Apparently a popular venue, it was packed shoulder to shoulder and the old building was filled with people selling buttons, threads, fabrics, new and old, ribbon, yarns and even a few merchants selling old hats and handbags. 
 
Unfortunately, it wasn't the best place to purchase vintage linens, as I had hoped....

But I did find some fabulous old buttons, vintage spools and antique lace bobbins.  This little group of items makes a great 'Parisian Dress Maker's Collection' and I am considering keeping all of the items together as a set when I list them on Etsy.


I am eager for the brocante season to resume.  It won't be long now!  It begins in the early spring-- slowly with one or two sales on Sundays and then increases to several sales per weekend and then in summer--the high-season for brocantes, vide greniers and flea markets there will be a dozen to chose from on any given weekend....  I can't wait!



Until then, hang in there mes amis--this long grey winter can't last forever!  N'est ce-pas?