Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Wish List 2012....

Happy NEW YEAR! I am slowly---très lentement---limping into 2012. Literally. Having had a bizarre domestic-accident--with a sewing needle--in mon pied, that required surgery--I have been off my feet now for just over a week. This slows me down. I have written about it plenty on my blog, so I will spare you the details. The side-blessing of being off your feet is that I have had plenty of time to peruse the web for inspiration, lots of time to make and re-think resolutions for the new year, loads of time to scribble ideas in my 2012 date book...

I am starting to create my "Wish-List" for 2012--for myself and for Sunday Brocantes on Etsy,so I thought I would share a few...some of these things I would love for our home--some maybe might make it onto the 'store shelves' to share with you....I would also love to hear what you dream of finding for your home....

Item number one--really hope to find a vintage pigeon basket to make one of these for our family room.  This fantastic one is available from Wildflower Organics in Austin, TX, by the way--but I hope to find a source for the baskets at a flea market here in France.....


Next, I would love some of these industrial shabby French cheese-crates found at Alahambra Antiques on 1stdibs.com.....


And while I am on the industrial shabby French decor theme...I have always wanted a group of mis-matched metal chairs for my 15' long rustic antique dining-table  ---  maybe like these by Xavier Pauchard c. 1935....


I am always looking for unique architectural pieces too.... windows, shutters, shelves.... .  I love propping things like this up in a corner, or high shelf....


Remember my favorite metal sign?  Must have it!


During my 'soujourn' recovering from my foot boo-boo, I have also had the luxury of leafing through a stack of French decor mags and I plan on posting some inspiration for future brocant-ing adventures as I continue my 'Wish-List' for the year.  I plan to be ready when the official 'season' for vide greniers and flea markets resume..... in the meantime--as soon as I am up and about again--I will be checking out some off the path--back alley brocante and antique stores--so stay tuned!

What about you--What's on your wish-list? 

Bonne année mes amis!  Lovely to see you here in 2012!