Monday, February 27, 2012

French Linen Towels


I am always looking for French linens ....  I have several 100 year old bed sheets that serve as table cloths, have used antique crib sheets with gorgeous lace trim on Petite Fille's bed, and I stopped using disposable paper napkins years ago in lieu of cotton or linen ones.



 These large torchons make wonderful table cloths or over-sized place mats, a must for a picnic basket or table.


Even better when they are found with a monogram or more rare with a family name.  These linens stay in the same families for decades and decades.  When I find them with names, my mind wanders to who may have used them in the past.... 

about 80 or 90 years ago....


They are the perfect touch in a French country kitchen.  Make a lovely 'prop' for photographing food.


Made of gorgeously textured, heavy and durable linen ..... I could never have enough.

How about you?  These have just been listed on my Etsy shop.  Click here to see!  I currently have five for sale!  Happy shopping!

and....Happy Monday mes amis!

5 comments:

  1. Me Too! I Love them sooo and I'm always looking for them.Hard in the us though I have a friend who shops in France twice a year so that is nice~Cheers Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are perfect!!! Wish I could find some as lovely as these!!! Happy Monday to you!!! :)


    XOXO's,
    Jessie

    acozycottageinthecity.blogpspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or you could get them from me! ; )

    Happy Monday!

    xx!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These have just been listed on my Etsy shop -- www.sundaybrocantes.etsy.com.

    I currently have five for sale! Happy shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh.....total deliciousness!! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete

Merci Beaucoup for taking the time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much! I moderate and respond to comments as soon as possible and I love hearing your thoughts!