Thursday, February 2, 2012

Froid-glacial! Buuurrrr!


 It's is absolutely FREEZING here! 'Froid' doesn't even come close to describing it.  Yet, no snow--quelle dommage.....


Last weekend, at the brocante in Deauville--we spied these tres-gorgeous club-chairs.  French Guy has a passion for club-chairs.  Over the years we have purchased and sold dozens--in various states of 'condition'--from let's say well-loved 'shabby' to just restored perfection.


So when we saw this sweet couple--I have to say that this time I was completely smitten; the comfortable velvet seats and low profile back, the perfect color and the fabulous curly nailhead details---Ooh la la!


Who could resist?!  I see a careful and authentic restoration in their future---looking about the same sans the show-through of the batting in the arms and tears in the leather--but the golden-sable velvet stays as do the original nails.... but after that--parting with them would be a challenge.

A smaller brocante coming up on Sunday.... and yes, it will still be freezing.  Bundling-up a must. Fingers crossed for sunshine!


Hope you are having a bonne-semaine!  A bientot!---Stay warm!

3 comments:

  1. Oh how I wish I could go flea marketing where you are!!!! So many lovely goodies to be had!!! Wishing you a most beautiful day! :)


    XOXO's,
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great pair of club chairs. My husband and I have an affinity for these types of chairs, too. We currently have a saddle brown pair that are my husband's favorites, but, alas, they are new and not antique. It is unseasonably warm in Kentucky right now with temps in the upper 60s. Stay warm, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jessie! Yes, it's true--always something amazing to find!

    Kim--send some 'balmy' Kentucky breezes this way--s'il te plait! My teeth are chattering here and I am INSIDE right now!

    xx!

    ReplyDelete

Merci Beaucoup for taking the time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much! I moderate and respond to comments as soon as possible and I love hearing your thoughts!