Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Basket Case ...


You know me by now, right?  I am crazy for vintage and antique wicker.  I love the look, the texture, the workmanship, the functional charm....




I found this orchard 'picker's basket' last weekend in Honfleur.  I am in Normandy, the land of apples (known as the Calvados region).  This beauty was most likely used for picking apples or pears.


After I bought it I slung the strap over my shoulder and filled it with my other purchases and I think I could have walked all the way home like that!

I just listed it on Sunday Brocantes. ... but can I really part with it?



This gorgeous trunk I found last Friday at the Antique Fair in Pont L'Eveque.  
It is from Paris, early 1900's..... used for travel and storage.

 


The basket was purchased almost instantly after I listed it.  
I absolutely loved it, too!

 


I guess you could say I am over-the-moon for old wicker. 
 It looks beautiful in any setting, both charmingly functional and decorative.

 

Yes, c-r-a-z-y for it!  Call me a basket-case.  
Really.  
I don't mind at all!

A bientot mes amis!