Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Return to Home


Yesterday, which at the moment feels like two weeks ago, I got back home to France after a whirl-wind trip to the East Coast of the US to spend time with my family.  It was all quite amazing actually--the entire trip was conceived by my sister....she and her husband masterminded the entire plan to get me there for my parents 50th wedding anniversary, and the entire thing was a fabulously orchestrated surprise for them!  A complete, tactical, once in a lifetime surprise, that was organized over a period of 3 months and came to fruition a week and a half ago when I appeared at their door, with my eight year old and 1 1/2 year old .... and everyone shouted ' SURPRISE'!!!


So I am back now!  Time flew with my parents, their wonderful party, time with my brother and sister and families that I have not seen for three years... and my first trip back to the US since my move to France two years ago.  We took day trips to places from my childhood---Rockport, MA, Bearskin Neck, Halibut Point, Boston ...... 



I am jumping back into action tomorrow--at least that is my plan.  I am a tiny bit jet-lagged and dealing with two very weary little travelers... now home with 'French Guy' and the teen who stayed at home to hold down the fort.  I have lots to blog about, a few things to list at the shop and a few brocantes to get to this weekend--- so please stay tuned!  I will be back 'a toute de suite'!


..... as soon as I get rid of this headache, get some rest and the rooms stops spinning!



Happy to be back!  A bientot mes amis!