Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Scouting with the 'teen' at the Wednesday Market!

I went out scouting this morning --- I like to call it 'scouting'--it sounds so official!  

Actually I was going out to:
  1. Shoot pictures for 'Tour de Broco' and scout options and venues for travel packages.
  2. Check out a regular 'open-air' organic produce market.
  3. Kidnap my 'Oldest Garcon' on this the last week of summer vacation before school.
  4. Get out of the house and practice my French.
  5. Go to my favorite town in all of Normandy and soak up the charm and sunshine while blending in with other ex-pats and tourists.
  6. Oh, and shoot pictures just to shoot pictures because it makes me happy.
  7. Get out of the house because that makes me happy--did I say that already?
  8. Get a petit-break from 'Petite Fille' who is edging towards the 'terrible-two's at a rapid pace ..... Oh darn--did I just say that out loud?
So at the crack of dawn (9:30 AM---I am not a morning person and neither is Oldest Garcon) we hopped in the car and set out!





I bribed Oldest Garcon with a 'smoothie' from a new juice-bar!  He was along as my companion and language assistant -- but mostly I just love having the one-on-one time with my oldest boy!



 Do I look happy?!  Totally blissed-out?  Smoothie, 'pain-au-raisin'.... SUNSHINE?!




This weekly market is 100% 'Bio' or organic!  ...   FABULOUS!
 



The air is already changing -- you can feel fall coming around the corner, not to mention the change of our daily life once school kicks back in.
 

I brought home 4 kilos of 'mirabelle' and 'blanche' plums (although they look green!) and I will be spending the rest of the day making as much 'confiture' as I can!

Happy last week of 'vacances' mes amis!

Oh--and if you are dreaming of France; shopping, eating, marketing.... (maybe in the spring!) hop over to Tour de Broco.com.  I just listed our Spring Tour Dates and posted more pictures from this morning!

Have a great Wednesday!  A bientot!