Monday, August 27, 2012

White {Linen & Porcelain} Weekend


The season is slowing down.  Brocantes are becoming fewer (less participants) and farther between (only on the weekends).  We have just over a week and a half before school resumes here. (Listen for my huge sigh of relief to have a few more focused work-hours each day without the 'enfants' juggle!)

In the US you are celebrating 'Labor Day' next weekend--and there the standard style and dress etiquette dictates--'No white after labor day'... or at least it used to be that way--fashion rules are now meant to be broken!--N'est ce-pas?  Surely Petite Fille can wear her little white-flowered sandals for a few more weeks?



So the {unintentional} theme in purchases this past weekend turned out to be WHITE.... end of summer white?  Gorgeous crisp linens in the way of pillow covers and charming white vintage porcelain pieces ...  to name a few of the things I came away from the brocante in Deauville with....




A set of six classic-white porcelain soft-boiled egg cups, 'Coquetier Sur Pied'.




White 'lattice' patterned porcelain pieces, a perfect display collection, cottage-sweet and versatile. 



And I made a visit to see my linen-lady---as lovely as always and bought more fabulous white pillow covers. I think this group is particularly stunning!

White after Labor Day?  In the home--it is never out of season!

Details about the brocante and more weekend finds to come!  Enjoy your week mes amis!

2 comments:

  1. Love all your crisp pretty whites. And your daughter is absolutely adorable!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cat
    I love the monogrammed linen!it's never out of season for me:)
    Enjoy the last days before the school term begins.
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete

Merci Beaucoup for taking the time to leave a note! I appreciate it so much! I moderate and respond to comments as soon as possible and I love hearing your thoughts!