I went out scouting this morning --- I like to call it 'scouting'--it sounds so official!
Actually I was going out to:
- Shoot pictures for 'Tour de Broco' and scout options and venues for travel packages.
- Check out a regular 'open-air' organic produce market.
- Kidnap my 'Oldest Garcon' on this the last week of summer vacation before school.
- Get out of the house and practice my French.
- Go to my favorite town in all of Normandy and soak up the charm and sunshine while blending in with other ex-pats and tourists.
- Oh, and shoot pictures just to shoot pictures because it makes me happy.
- Get out of the house because that makes me happy--did I say that already?
- Get a petit-break from 'Petite Fille' who is edging towards the 'terrible-two's at a rapid pace ..... Oh darn--did I just say that out loud?
So at the crack of dawn (9:30 AM---I am not a morning person and neither is Oldest Garcon) we hopped in the car and set out!
I bribed Oldest Garcon with a 'smoothie' from a new juice-bar! He was along as my companion and language assistant -- but mostly I just love having the one-on-one time with my oldest boy!
Do I look happy?! Totally blissed-out? Smoothie, 'pain-au-raisin'.... SUNSHINE?!
This weekly market is 100% 'Bio' or organic! ... FABULOUS!
The air is already changing -- you can feel fall coming around the corner, not to mention the change of our daily life once school kicks back in.
I brought home 4 kilos of 'mirabelle' and 'blanche' plums (although they look green!) and I will be spending the rest of the day making as much 'confiture' as I can!
Happy last week of 'vacances' mes amis!
Oh--and if you are dreaming of France; shopping, eating, marketing.... (maybe in the spring!) hop over to Tour de Broco.com. I just listed our Spring Tour Dates and posted more pictures from this morning!
Have a great Wednesday! A bientot!